Typical day, Seventh Grade
8:15 – 8:35 Welcome and movement
8:35 – 8:50 Music, Speech, Mental Math and Grammar
- Seasonal music played on recorder (alto and bass)
- Speech: seasonal poetry and lesson material (longer pieces that require memorization)
- Mental Math and/or written exercise
- Grammar and spelling: sentence structure, oral and written spelling, dictation.
8:50 – 10:25 Main Lesson
8:50 – 9:05 Review and practice from previous lessons. Students are asked to review and explain the complex systems of the human body in their own words.
9:05 – 9:35 New lesson
9:35 – 10:15 Quiet working time. Writing (using notes from previous day and review that morning) and illustrating systems in Main Lesson book.
10:15 – 10:25 Historical stories from the Renaissance, these stories meet the “birth of the individual” in 7th grade
10:25 – 11:05 Snack & Recess
12:30-1:25 Recess & Lunch
1:25- 2:15 Movement/Games*
3:05 – 3:15 Chores / Closing of the Day
* indicates that class is taught by a special subjects teacher.
Our children love it here, love their teachers, and look forward to school every morning. We could not be happier with the quality of the education they are receiving. My husband says that while he came to the Bay Area for the career, we stayed for the school.Dorota Umeno