by Yasuko Inoue | Apple Blossom Nursery Lead Teacher
Add some color and cheer to your winter windows with this simple suncatcher craft.
assorted colors of kite papers (6-7 inches square), glue, scissors, string, and tape
1. Cut a square kite paper into 4 small squares.
2. Take one small square, and fold in half to make a crease in the middle and fold back.
3. Fold the bottom half up to the center line and fold back.
4. Fold the bottom up to the second line and fold back.
5. Put the glue on the shaded area and fold up the bottom to the second line again to secure.
6. This is how it looks like now.
7. Do the same thing with upper half part.
8. Turn the paper by 90 degrees and fold in half again to make the center horizontal line.
9. Repeat 4 and 5 for the bottom and upper parts.
10. Now the basic shape is done.
11. Make more with different colors of small squares.
12. To attach, put glue on the shaded area and place top part of another base shape on top.
13. This is how it looks now.
14. Repeat as many times as you want.
15. Attach a string and hang it in front of the window.
16. You can also make multiple catchers hung together, or attach to your window directly.
Enjoy beautiful colors by your winter windows!
Kite Paper is available for sale in a variety of colors from our Heart’s Delight Gift Store. Call 650.209.9411 or email them directly to check for store hours.