Administration and Staff Employment Opportunities
Current Administrative & Staff Openings
Community & Events Coordinator
We are seeking a Community & Events Coordinator to design and execute an event-driven community engagement program. This position is paid hourly, with an average of 30 hours per week.
As parents, grandparents, alumni, board of trustees, faculty, and staff, our school community is incredibly energetic and talented—and busy. How can we reconnect through the distancing and the turning inward that happened during the pandemic? How can we deepen our connection to the school’s mission and values as a community of adults through meaningful in-person and virtual experiences?
Do these questions excite you? Are you ready to lend your creativity, people- and organizational skills to galvanize our community? Do you have experience thinking through event details (from set-up, sound, and timing to promotion, tracking, clean-up, and evaluation) so they add up to memorable events? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
The Community & Events Coordinator works with the Advancement Team, Faculty and Administrative Staff, and Parents, to foster adult connectivity and engagement in the school.
- Design and implement all aspects of key community events (in-person and virtual), including the school’s annual Holiday Faire.
- Recruit and cultivate relationships with parent volunteers.
- Lead the school’s Alumni Relations program, in collaboration with the Advancement Director.
- A passion for school community-building with a commitment to help the school serve as a force for social change.
- An understanding of–or interest in–Waldorf Education and the concerns and issues of Silicon Valley parents.
- Well-organized with proven project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly document and share project plans with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to identify requirements, expectations, and vision for events.
- Create and maintain event budgets.
- The ability to assemble and manage a team, including strong delegating and leadership skills.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process and follow-up.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- Ability to evaluate each event’s overall strengths and weaknesses.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn and work with the school’s online database.
- Experience planning virtual events a plus.
- Awareness and familiarity with using social media for community building is a plus.
Please send your resume and cover note to email@example.com with “Community & Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
BLANK - DO NOT DELETE ME -
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.