Administration and Staff Employment Opportunities
Current Administrative & Staff Openings
BLANK - DO NOT DELETE ME -
The Waldorf School of the Peninsula seeks a full time Pedagogical Administrator to attend to the pedagogical administrative needs of each of our two campuses while fostering whole-school continuity and awareness.
Excellent candidates will have strong connections to the Waldorf movement and be able to work well within school processes while always having an eye for how they can be improved better to serve our school community. A strong and demonstrated commitment to collaborative work and consensus decision making is essential as well as an empathic approach to working with colleagues, students and parents. Experience, awareness, and dedication to nonviolent communication and effective conflict management are required.
1. to oversee and facilitate processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity.
2. bring a whole-school perspective, bridging administrative and pedagogical insights, to all discussions.
3. support the work of the Pedagogical Council.
4. work closely with the School Administrator and the Management Team to review and refine governance structures, policies, and procedures.
5. prepare and facilitate the agendas for the June and August meetings as well as professional development days in collaboration with the School Administrator.
In consultation and collaboration with other faculty and administrative staff, a Pedagogical Administrator oversees and has responsibility in the following areas:
1. Faculty Recruitment and Hiring
2. Faculty Professional Development & Mentoring
3. Faculty Communication & Working Together
4. Student Support
5. Admissions Support
6. Student Assessments
7. Parent Work
8. Curriculum Development & Implementation
9. Administrative Faculty Support Work
10. School Intranet Document Management
Interested candidates should e-mail their resumé, a letter of interest, and a brief biography to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating, “Pedagogical Administrator”.
The role of the accounting manager is an integral part of the business office responsible the day to day accounting operations including month end and year end close. Overseeing accounts receivable, accounts payable, student billing, cash receipts and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounting activities; ensuring accurate and timely financial information
- Manage timely month end and year end close processes, including journal entries, subsidiary ledgers and account reconciliations on a monthly basis, in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure adherence to policy and procedures, and internal controls
- Take a lead role on the preparation of schedules and work papers for annual audit
- Assist in the preparation of periodic surveys and reports for the school’s trade organization
- Process semi-monthly payroll and assist with HR functions
- Process supply and service requests for staff and faculty
- Track and distribute monthly budget vs. actual by grade and departments
- Support Director of Finance and Operations with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years’ experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting and finance
- Non-profit/Independent School sector experience preferable
- Requires solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Highly detail oriented, well-organized, flexible, and collaborative individual who enjoys working in a team-driven environment
- Able to multitask in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, while always maintaining a customer service focus
- Common sense, professional decorum, and clear and concise communication skills are critical due to regular interaction with parents, faculty, and administrators and business partners
- Paycom Experience Preferred
- Smart Tuition Experience Preferred
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Proficient in Google applications, including Gmail, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- In-person attendance necessary to provide effective performance during normal school hours
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.