Admission process for grades 1 – 8.
Attend a Tour
Attend a Grades 1 – 5 School Tour & Waldorf Intorduction and/or a Middle School Parent & Student Tour. During the tours you will hear about the curriculum and program, meet teachers, and visit classes in session. Tours conclude with a Q&A session.
Grades 1 – 5 School Tours & Introduction to Waldorf Education are on our Los Altos campus and for parents only. Babies in arms are welcome.
Middle School Tours are in Mountain View. You are welcome to bring your student who is currently in grades 5 through 7 to one of our Middle School Tours. An important overview of the Waldorf curriculum is offered on our Grades 1 – 5 School Tour & Introduction to Waldorf Education and we recommend anyone new to Waldorf Education attend one of these events first.
Which grade to apply for?
Our school follows the developmental philosophy Waldorf Education, therefore children are grouped into grades according to chronological age, as per below.
First grade = 6 years old by June 1st prior to September entry.
Second grade = 7 years…
Third grade = 8 years…
Fourth grade = 9 years…
Fifth grade = 10 years…
Sixth grade = 11 years…
Seventh grade = 12 years…
Eighth grade = 13 years…
An application includes:
- An online application and a non-refundable $100 application fee payable through our secure link here.
- Completing and returning the family questionnaire, which you will receive via email after submitting your application and fee.
- For students applying to grades 2 – 8, a Teacher Recommendation, which you will receive via email after submitting your application and fee, and the last 2 years of report cards.
For the 2018-2019 school year, please complete and submit the application by February 7, 2018. Please note that applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
Applications for current year enrollment will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please complete and submit the application as soon as possible or contact our Admissions Office, via phone at 650-209-9404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview, Assessments and Shadow Visit
We will contact you after our admissions team reviews the completed application.
The admissions process for grades 2 – 8* is:
- An assessment by our Educational Support department
- Parent(s) and student interview with the class teacher
- A 3 to 5 day classroom “shadow” visit by the student
*For grade 1, a comprehensive First Grade Readiness Assessment replaces steps 1 and 2.
Notification of acceptance will be communicated within 2 weeks of the completion of the shadow visit.
To accept the offer, please return the signed contract along with the non-refundable $1500 enrollment deposit.
Tuition Adjustment Program
If you are interested in our Tuition Adjustment Program, please click here.