Waldorf School of the Peninsula (nursery – grade twelve) is celebrating over 30 years of bringing Waldorf education to Northern California. Our school has two beautiful campuses: Nursery through grade five, located in Los Altos and a few miles away in Mountain View are grades six – twelve.
The San Francisco Peninsula offers the natural pleasures of redwood forests, mountain ranges, and seashores in a year-round mild climate. The area has a strong cultural emphasis, with internationally recognized colleges and universities, numerous museums, arts organizations, theatrical companies and symphonies.
We are one of five well-established Waldorf schools in the area. This network offers many opportunities along with a rich calendar of events, workshops, and speakers.
Our school is a full member of and accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America. The school is also fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
With three nurseries, two kindergartens and grades one through twelve, we are a community of 70 full and part-time faculty and staff and 325 students. Our school is an increasingly international community, and our unique tuition adjustment program encourages economic diversity.
Current Administrative Openings
Our gift store, “Hearts’ Delight”, serves teachers, parents and children by offering resources, materials and tools which:
• support the Waldorf educational process,
• encourage and foster creativity and healthy, imaginative play,
• support parents, family life and community, and
• inspire and foster spiritual activity and inner development.
The store offers Waldorf school supplies, natural materials and tools for individuals, handcraft groups, workshops and classes. Beautiful objects of quality, natural materials and craftsmanship support the care of infants and young children, festival celebrations, gift giving and appreciation, and supplies for artists and craftspeople. The store also has an extensive selection of books on: Waldorf Education; Child Development; Current Educational and Parenting Issues; Children’s Literature, Poetry and Music; Cooking; Health, Illness and Death; Anthroposophy; Parenting; Festivals, Celebrations; Arts and Crafts; Gardening; Adult Spirituality and Inner Development.
The store serves as an important point of contact, good will and provides education for community members and the greater community. The store is open to the public.
• Process sales and orders and record transactions in Quickbooks
• Display, stock and inventory merchandise
• Keep the store clean and neat and attractive
• Prepare monthly news updates in The Messenger to keep sales high.
• Manage the volunteers in the store
• Operate the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Full-time hours to increase inventory & prepare for the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Train and manage the temporary Assistant
• Set up and Tear down of the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Organize volunteers to relocate and run the Holiday Faire Boutique
• Prepare year-end physical inventory for the school store.
• Maintain and update filing.
• Ad hoc requests.
• Fundamental knowledge of accounting theory; some secondary education in accounting a plus.
• Familiarity with Quickbooks software.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Store Merchandising
Hours are an average of 25 hours a week.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, a letter of interest, and a brief biography to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating “Store Manager”.
Front Desk Substitute Receptionist
The Substitute Front Desk Receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The person in this position will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, managing supplies, and deliveries, as well as additional clerical duties.
A receptionist’s daily tasks will involve:
• Greeting parents
• Assisting visitors
• Answering calls and checking the voicemail system
• Taking morning attendance (as needed)
• First Aid assistance
• Mailing, copying, and filing
• Responding to emails
• Tracking early dismissals
• Assembling packets for the admission director
• Managing supplies and orders (as needed)
• May also include learning enough about Magnus & the Veracross database to do simple queries and data entry
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, a letter of interest, and a brief biography to email@example.com with the subject line stating “Front Desk Substitute Receptionist.”
Current Faculty Openings
Early Childhood Substitute Teachers
Waldorf School of the Peninsula located in Los Altos California, is seeking dedicated, energetic, creative and prepared professionals to join our teaching team working with Nursery School through kindergarten aged children. Waldorf Education believes the key indicators to being successful in life are strong social and emotional skills, a curiosity for learning, and strong supportive role models.
We are currently seeking early childhood substitutes who are interested in Waldorf Education.
Required Experience and Qualifications
Completion of at least two postsecondary semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development each semester or quarter following initial employment, and continuation in the educational program each semester or quarter until 12 units have been completed.
Preferred Experience and Education
– 12 ECE Units
– 6 Months of experience in licensed setting
– Experience in a Waldorf classroom or similar setting and working with toddlers through pre-kindergarten aged children successfully. Intercultural proficiency is a plus.
-Current CPR and First Aid certification
Please email resume and cover letter with the subject line stating “Early Childhood Substitute Teacher” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Extended Care Teachers
Waldorf School of the Peninsula located in Los Altos California, San Francisco is seeking dedicated, energetic, creative and prepared professionals to join our teaching team working with Nursery School through kindergarten aged children. Waldorf Education believes the key indicators to being successful in kindergarten and in life are strong social and emotional skills, a curiosity for learning, and strong supportive role models.
Roles and Responsibilities
WSP Employee’s working with these young children must be an appropriate role model for the children and parents. Each employee is responsible for exhibiting good communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive attitude. The Teachers and staff are responsible for the care and the development of up to ten children at one time for ages 2.9 through 6 years of age. Specific duties are based on positions.
We are currently seeking individuals who meet California Community Care Licensing requirements for a Assistant Teacher. Qualifications include the general requirements above plus:
– Completed a total of 12 units of California required Early Childhood Education courses, and 6 months of work experience in a licensed center or comparable group child care program OR
Preferred Experience and Education
– Experience in a Waldorf classroom or similar setting with toddlers through kindergarten aged children successfully. Intercultural proficiency is a plus.
– Waldorf Education Teaching Certificate, AA or BA degree in early childhood education or LifeWays training.
*All faculty and staff must have current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain as required by state child care licensing.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please email resume and cover letter subject line stating “Early Childhood Lead Teacher” to email@example.com.
Current Athletics Openings
None at this time.
We particularly welcome inquiries from experienced, Waldorf-trained teachers to help the school continue to develop in a responsible, forward-thinking way that meets the dynamic energy of our Silicon Valley constituency but slows its jangle and hyper-competitiveness.
Waldorf School of the Peninsula (Nursery – Grade 12) is celebrating over 30 years of bringing Waldorf Education to Northern California. Our school has two beautiful campuses: nursery through grade 5 in Los Altos, and a few miles away in Mountain View are grades 6-12. Our school is a full member of and accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America. The school is also fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Our Waldorf community is committed to salaries that allow enjoyment of this area’s outstanding access to museums, symphonies, and intellectually stimulating venues, as well as hundreds of square miles of open space, trails, and nature preserves accessible year round thanks to our mild climate.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, a letter of interest, and a brief biography to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating the position in which you are interested.